A blue, green or red hue on a video stream can be the result of improperly configured color settings. To set the color settings, do as follows:
DH Vision suggests checking the color settings on the camera first before attempting to correct them on the video recorder (if used). On an analog camera with OSD, the menu layout will vary. On network IP cameras, the settings will be similar to video recorder Web Service (6.16) settings (see below).
On a video recorder (stand-alone menu):
- Right click the channel in question on the video recorder and select Color Setting.
- Adjust the color settings to improve the color quality (dependent on conditions).
On the network video recorder’s Web Service (6.10):
- The color settings are located in the Config tab > Encode > Color Setting Set button
- Each color setting goes from 0 – 100. Adjust the settings according to the environment.
On the analog video recorder’s Web Service (6.16):
- The color settings are located in the Setup tab > Channel > Conditions
- Select the channel in the dropdown box and adjust the settings according to the environment.
If color settings do not correct the issue, try firmware updating the video recorder or network IP camera.
If a firmware update does not correct the issue, the camera or video recorder may be defective; call technical support.