If PSS does not run on an Apple Mac, try these steps:
- Please note, PSS will only work with 10.7 (Mountain Lion) or greater.
- Uninstall the PSS software from the Applications directory and uninstall XQuartz from the Utilities directory if previously installed.
- Download the newest version of XQuartz here.
- Install XQuartz then restart the Mac computer.
- Install PSS (or SPSS) then restart the Mac computer.
- Run the PSS. It will take several minutes to start the PSS for the first time. XQuartz should open when PSS is run.
- If PSS does not respond, try using the Smart PSS. NOTE: Smart PSS is still in beta phase and not all features may be working properly.