If receiving the Mail Test Error (or similar) when setting up email on a video recorder or camera, there may be setting issues with the sender email account. Yahoo mail may be the most simple to set up. Try the following:
- Set up a new Yahoo account to be used as a sender for email notifications if no Yahoo account is available for use. Go to https://login.yahoo.com/ and click Create New Account and fill out all the proper information to register the new email address.
- Note Yahoo SMTP settings:
SERVER ADDRESS: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
USER NAME: full Yahoo address (e.g. email@example.com)
SMTP PASSWORD: The Yahoo address password
SMTP PORT: 465
SMTP ENCRYPT TYPE: SSL
- Enter the correct settings into the Email menu (Main Menu > Setting > Network > Network Setting > Email)
- Enter in a valid email(s) for the Receivers.
- Click the Test button to confirm the settings are entered properly. If the Test failed, check the settings again, especially the username and password (case sensitive). Try selecting TLS in the Authentication setting.
- Click the Save button to save the settings if the Test is successful.
If the test email continues to fail, contact technical support for assistance.